You are here
The Aspen Global Change Institute (AGCI) is a non-profit research organization with a mission to advance global change science and solutions in service of society. AGCI’s mission encompasses a broad landscape of work to improve society’s understanding of and response to global change. This includes work on topics such as climate change, energy technology and policy, natural resource management, and science policy. Program areas include a landmark series of interdisciplinary science workshops, collaborative and community-based research, and technical assistance to decision-makers at all scales from local to international. Running through the Institute’s DNA is a strong institutional commitment to excellence in science that is actionable and inclusive.
AGCI was founded in 1989 and is a Colorado-based 501(c)(3) organization that supports staff and partners implementing a mission that is international in scope yet grounded in local contexts and problem domains. AGCI staff and consultants are based in Colorado, Michigan, Washington, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, California, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia.
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Finance & Grant Assistant
Location: Our staff are working remotely due to COVID-19. The position can be remote long-term, with location in CO, MI, MA, or NH preferred.
Aspen Global Change Institute is seeking an astute, self-starting, and professional finance and grant assistant to work with the Finance Director to carry out AGCI’s financial management and provide assistance in maintaining compliance with federal and private grant requirements. The position will be responsible for bookkeeping and grant-related recordkeeping, in addition to other nonprofit management-related tasks. The opportunity for expanded work may develop as needs arise.
• Manage accounts receivable and payable
• Prepare financial reports and maintain financial records
• Assist with the administration of the full cycle of grant funds and ensure proper compliance
• Assist with human resources support and benefits administration
• Support general administration and special projects on case-by-case basis
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 1 year experience in nonprofit administration
• Knowledge of general accounting and grant management practices and systems (federal grant management experience preferred)
• Command of accounting principles and ability to use QuickBooks or similar accounting software
• Ability to craft and monitor performance of project and organizational budgets
• Highly proficient with Mac OSX, Salesforce, and Microsoft Excel
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to thrive in a small, supportive team that values curiosity, attention to detail, flexibility, growth, humor, communication, self-motivation, as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion
These are preferred qualifications – individuals are encouraged to apply even if they don’t meet 100% of them.
Work Schedule & Compensation
Start date is as soon as possible. AGCI will consider a flexible work schedule. Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous PTO, healthcare, IRA contributions (after a year), flexible scheduling, wellness benefits, and professional development opportunities.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. References and additional materials may be requested at a later point. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is selected. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Aspen Global Change Institute is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to ensuring a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on our business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, family or parental status, disability, age, national origin, or any other protected status. We sincerely welcome and encourage individuals of all identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
AGCI has become an intellectual proving ground, a ferment for new ideas and concepts, and a place where the different disciplines actually talk, and progress. Hal Harvey
What We Do
AGCI has been the most prominent place for developing interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary dialogues between scientists and practitioners.Guy Brasseur
We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims. R. Buckminster Fuller